Bodybuilding sleep supplements can give you the edge!
Bodybuilding sleep supplements have become a huge market category due to recent scientific research. Our quality of sleep not only affects our mood, but our athletic performance, muscle growth and repair, fat loss and hormone regulation. Up to 70% of our growth hormone is released during REM sleep. There are many factors in improving your sleep quality and increasing REM sleep. We’ve compiled a list of ten tips to improve the quality of sleep, increase the amount of time in REM sleep and maximize hormone production and release. Give it a try for a few weeks and let us know your results on Facebook or Twitter!
10 Tips for Better Sleep & Growth
1. Keep your bedroom both dark and cool.
2. Eliminate as much outside noise as possible.
3. Avoid computer, TV or cellphone screens when in bed. Try to shut them off an hour before bed time.
4. Go to bed the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning. Consistency can make a big difference.
5. Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable. Mattresses should be changed after 8 to 10 years.
6. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and heavy or sugary foods 4-6 hours before bedtime.
7. Try deep breathing or taking a warm bath to help relax you before bed.
8. Ensure your bed is large enough for you and your partner.
9. Napping can be good, but don’t oversleep during the day. Keep naps to around 20 minutes at a time.
10. Take Go Dark 20 minutes before bedtime to promote relaxation and maximize quality sleep time as well as boosting growth hormone, testosterone and IGF-1.